August 18, 2011
A long and interesting thread on the MCG list prompted a thought – how about a WordPress hack-and-knowledge-sharing-kinda-day for culture?
We could talk about stuff like:
- best approaches and favourite plugins
- ways to hook into existing systems like Omeka
- building some simple plugins to interface with CH open data
- building some simple plugins to interface with other CH systems (collections management, library systems, etc)
- how to deploy, move and scale sites
Dunno – I’m making this up as I go along. But if you’re interested in this totally vague proposal, chuck your name and thoughts into this form * and we’ll see if it goes anywhere.
(* If you’re in one of those institutions who have a short-sighted IT department that doesn’t let you look at the whole internet, just add your thoughts in a comment on this post….)